Dashcams, Bless them! - Car Accident - oldroverboy.

So, silly season continues with little ones to amuse me.

Parked in supermarket car park front to back parking spaces no separation.

I drove in facing forwards, stopped, handbrake on. decide to listen to end of song on radio so didn't switch off.

Car reversed in in front of me and lightly touched my bumper. dash cam shows i was stopped for about 2 minutes, tiny gps impact but time and date stamped as immediately pressed save button.

Driver (female) gets out same time as me, quite severe damage to her rear bumper, starts berating me for driving into the back of her car. Asked for my details, I said why? said she would be reporting me for the damage to her car. I said fine, I want your details too and also the name of your insurance company. I will now take photos of your car and mine.

By the way, I have a running dashcam with evidence that you reversed into me and I will ask the shop for cctv eveidence too. I will be quite happy to forward all these to my insurance company AND yours.

Off she went to the shop..

Now phoned mine to notify them of a potentially fraudulant claim and will send dashcam footage and photos. Been advised to keep all evidence and photos.

Edited by oldroverboy. on 10/08/2019 at 12:13

Dashcams, Bless them! - Car Accident - Senexdriver
The outright cheek of some people these days never ceases to amaze me. Glad you were able to substantiate your side of the story.
Dashcams, Bless them! - Car Accident - Andrew-T
The outright cheek of some people these days never ceases to amaze me.

It's not a recent phenomenon. Some time in the 50s my F-in-L parked in a Cardiff street and was soon reversed into by a lorry in front. Driver immediately got out saying 'I never moved'.

Dashcams, Bless them! - Car Accident - FP

Jaw-dropping, bare-faced cheek. The brazenness of some people!

Dashcams, Bless them! - Car Accident - madf

If she does make a claim and loses, Small Claims Court by you for £2000 for harassment, false claims and mental stress.

Dashcams, Bless them! - Car Accident - craig-pd130

Driver (female) gets out same time as me, quite severe damage to her rear bumper, starts berating me for driving into the back of her car.

Presumably damage from a previous bump that's she was trying to get repaired for free via your insurance?

Dashcams, Bless them! - Car Accident - SLO76
Had one recently too where I stopped and a woman in a Fiesta edged forward to tap the side of the bus very gently. I got out, she accused me of running into her as I noted the obviously old damage to the front of her car and informed her that the buses all have CCTV. She drove off and was never heard from again.