Susuki Vitara - Is there a recall or am I being fibbed to? - Smileykel
I tried to buy a new Vitara SZ-T earlier this month. The dealer advised that they were running a promotion the week after to get £1k off the price of the car, so said they would hold off processing any paperwork until then so the promotion could be applied. They said supply lines for the Vitara were not great, but that a couple of them were due to arrive in a few days, so they sent me paperwork for one of those. A week or so has passed (including the promotion weekend) and the dealer is now saying they have no idea when the car might arrive, as there is a recall. They didn’t know what the recall was for.

I wanted the new car to arrive by the end of the month so I don’t have to MOT my existing one, as it is likely to fail, but I now feel a bit stuck as I have no idea when the new one will arrive. I can’t find anything online about a recall affecting new Vitaras and I feel like the dealer is spinning me a line. They said they could take my existing car off the road to avoid me having to MOT, and give me a run around to use until the new car comes in - whenever that is.

Am I being played for a fool here? Anyone know of any recall, or what I should do please?
Susuki Vitara - Is there a recall or am I being fibbed to? - coopshere
It would seem that Suzuki supplies are a little hit and miss. They are built in Hungary, transported to Zebrugge, ferried to Grimsby and then transported to the dealer. Each point has its own logistical problem probably down to price paid for the service. My recently purchased Vitara spent around three weeks in Zebrugge and another week in Grimsby for example. Not heard of any recalls, probably a ruse due to the time it takes for overall transportation from the factory coupled with the fact it’s a RHD and the spec you ordered.
Susuki Vitara - Is there a recall or am I being fibbed to? - Ethan Edwards

I have not heard about any recall. However I just wanted to say , it's worth the wait. I have a Vitara S 1.4t and am very happy with it.

Susuki Vitara - Is there a recall or am I being fibbed to? - Ethan Edwards

Edited by Ethan Edwards on 14/05/2019 at 23:33

Susuki Vitara - Is there a recall or am I being fibbed to? - SLO76
Most likely they’ve just been a bit optimistic on delivery but the car is worth the wait. Very robust little SUV’s which will run and run if looked after. I’d take the offer of a runabout to keep you going for a while, it’s quite reasonable and will be better than your current unroadworthy car. The dealer is being quite decent even if I doubt the story of a recall though it does happen.
Susuki Vitara - Is there a recall or am I being fibbed to? - KB.

If they're offering a runaround and if you know it's actually, officially ordered from UK Head Office and will turn up eventually, then maybe that seems fair enough.

But I have to ask why you haven't asked exacly what the recall is (it'll have a name and number if it's a genuine national recall) - and why you haven't been on to UK Head Office to ask them to check and report on the progress of the order. If an order has been placed then they will have it on their system.

Or maybe my advancing age dictates that I'm increasingly lacking patience, tolerance and understanding and increasingly have an intolerance for people who take a casual, relaxed, vague approach when they're taking my money off me and I feel they're treating me like "...." fill in the appropriate word here.

Susuki Vitara - Is there a recall or am I being fibbed to? - colinh

Might help:

https://www.gov.uk/check-vehicle-recall