Vauxhall Crossland X - Crossland x alarm issue, key fob? - penguin

Hi all, I have an 18 plate crossland x 1.2 petrol and yesterday all was fine until I put my car on my drive and locked the doors and went to set the alarm. Usually I push the lock button twice then wait a few seconds and push again and the lights flash 20 times so alarm is set, but I pushed lock twice then pushed again and nothing happened, so I unlocked the car, lights flashed 4 times, it normally only flashes once, and only driver door opened so I have now set it so all doors open but still can't get the alarm problem sorted. I have tried both keys. Any help would be appreciated, waiting for vauxhall to call. Thanks in advance

Julie

Vauxhall Crossland X - Crossland x alarm issue, key fob? - elekie&a/c doctor
I would go round the car and make sure everything is fully shut. Doors , boot and bonnet.

Hi, I've done that, checked all windows were up and opened and closed every door & boot. I drove it round the block to see if it would set back to how it was. I spoke to vhall, they will call me back but he thought it strange that it flashed 20 times! I looked on vauxhall website and it shows it flashing 4 times when unlocked, which mine now does, only flashed once before. Maybe I pressed the wrong button or something just wondered if anyone else had come across this. I've only had it 2 weeks so very new to me.

Thanks for your reply

Vauxhall Crossland X - Crossland x alarm issue, key fob? - Falkirk Bairn

Electrical problems & French electronics - now that is a surprise!

Vauxhall Crossland X - Crossland x alarm issue, key fob? - RichardW

Read the manual??

Normal PSA locking implementation is first press to lock, second to dead lock. Alarm sets on first press. The third press you have been using is nothing to do with locking it - this is the 'find my car' function that allows you to find the car in a carpark without having to unlock it. If you are only getting a single flash, then it's possible one of the doors is not shut properly and it'snot actually locking - although they usually beep as well to inform you.

Thank you, I couldn't find anything in the manual about the 20 flashes and presumed that was something to do with alarm. Have managed to sort it out I think. My husband did something with the key and now its working as it did before. I do get 4 flashes when it opens, I've just checked it. I'm passing vauxhall garage tomorrow so I'll ask them to check quickly as book says the manual unlock button in car should flash. I was just a bit worried I hadn't set it.

Thanks again for your help

Julie

Vauxhall Crossland X - Crossland x alarm issue, key fob? - michael pryor

Hi Penguin, apparently it's to guide you to the car if you are in a parking lot or something. It flashes that many times on the third press of the lock button. Once to lock, twice for the dead bolt and third is as mentioned abo e.