Jerky brakes - budu
No matter how gently I come to a stop, my X-reg. CVT Punto always ends with a jerk. The supplier can't find anything wrong. Suggestions welcomed!
Jerky brakes - Pete F
I would think this is an inherent characteristic. Try going into neutral just before you stop.
Jerky brakes - racingkarts
this may sound a bit rude - but how do you brake - clutch down or up, constant braking, or alertered pressure on the brake pedal.

my advice as a motorsports freak is to brake as you would, but just before you come to a halt, lift of the brakes a tiny bit, this will take the jerk out of it - other than that- check your caliper bolts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jerky brakes - Marcos{P}
My new merc\'s brakes automatically lift off as you stop so you dont get any jerk.
It works very well.
yeah, ive heard of that - if you do and advanced driving course - even pass plus - thats the first thing the teach you
Jerky brakes - Marcos{P}
If you think about it it's just common sense really.
to explain the problem to the author - when you brake - a large proportion of the cars weight transfers to the front wheels - eg, the back goes light - and if you come to a hault with the car in this postion, when the car levels - or the back sits down again, the effect is the "jerking" you feel
Jerky brakes - Another John H
I think the cause of the problem has been missed, so far:
it's a CVT transmission.

How does the (powder?) clutch on one of these behave at the point of stopping??
Jerky brakes - Pete F
Yes, it is a CVT which is why I suggested going into neutral before stopping. Not very practical as a normal driving strategy though.

Most autos have a continuous creep function which is trying to keep the car moving and so extra pressure needs to be applied to the brakes to overcome this. Because of this you cannot feather off the brakes so much when coming to rest and so there is a jerk.
Jerky brakes - Another John H
So you did..

I'll have to read all the replies more carefully before posting in future.