Audi A3 Sportback - Audi ABS Module Recalls - Roy Mills

Hi,

New to forum hoping someone could offer some advice, i have a Audi A3 which was recalled in September 2017 due to ABS Unit failures. The previous owner took the vehicle in to audi and they performed a 45f5 ESC Control unit software update. The update was to give diagnostics on this particular fault ( insufficient PCU ground Connection ) i'm assuming there was not a issue with the grounding as the ABS Unit was not replaced at the time. Recently the the ABS warning light appeared on dash had a diagnostic done at Audi they diagnosed ( fault stored to replace ABS Control Unit - J104 ) they state they could not replace unit due to being over 6 months since the recall was carried out. The unit has now failed with the issue it was first recalled for so if this had happened when they did the recall, the unit would have been replaced free of charge and now they want to charge me the full amount to replace it. I feel this is wrong as it is all down to the issue it was first recalled for i cannot see they can put a time frame on the ABS Unit which could fail at at any time unless previously replaced. I will be grateful if anyone could offer any advice on this one.

thank you

Audi A3 Sportback - Audi ABS Module Recalls - elekie&a/c doctor

What age is the car?

Audi A3 Sportback - Audi ABS Module Recalls - Roy Mills

year 2008

Audi A3 Sportback - Audi ABS Module Recalls - elekie&a/c doctor

vag had lots of problems with Abs control modules during this period. Some were replaced under warranty . Vag then introduced a repair programme whereby the repair could be done more cost effectively without replacing the complete module for more than £1k. .You could try getting a good will contribution from Audi, but at 10 years old, don't hold your breath.

Audi A3 Sportback - Audi ABS Module Recalls - skidpan

The fact that it took 10 years for the unit to fail would prove to me that Audi were correct when they did not replace it during the recalls.

If it had failed within a year of the recall I would be insisting they replace it. But at 10 years old forget it and dig into your pocket.

Audi A3 Sportback - Audi ABS Module Recalls - Stoobo

I'm currently experiencing exactly the same thing!

Dec 2017 ABS software update, Nov 2019 ABS warning lights.