SEAT Leon X-Perience / Mercedes B - Cars with good legroom for 6 foot cops? - Bilboman

I had to laugh today (more of an indignant snort at my taxes being wasted once again) when I read that a second batch of police cars in the area where I live have brought howls of protest from angry police officers who can't actually fit inside them!
Both the local police's B-class Mercedes and the regional police's Seat Leóns (estate cars in both cases, for some obscure reason!) have left several taller-than-average patrol cops with stiff joints and muscles and risks of very serious long term harm, as the perspex security screens leave hardly any legroom or fore-and-aft movement when a fully tooled-up cop is in the front (think belt, handcuffs, radio, pistol and more than a few pre-retirement doughnut-bellies.) The police unions are calling for all 200 cars to be sent back.
So which cars these days offer the greatest amount of legroom and fore and aft movement - so much so that a plastic screen could be accommodated easily? It's a bit late now but I might pass on suggestions to the fleet managers for the next time.

SEAT Leon X-Perience / Mercedes B - Cars with good legroom for 6 foot cops? - Big John

Skoda Superb has an amazing amount of legroom front and rear and has large front doors. All of which I need being 6ft 4" and I have a 6ft 5" son.

Perspex screen - I'd say so.

I tried a Leon before I bought the Superb and had problems with the drivers door - B pillar too far forward for me. Also little room for the person sat behind me,

Edited by Big John on 04/10/2018 at 21:36