Gay/Girly/Hairdresser Cars - macski

Reading a review of one of my cars I note from the comments I drive a girly or gay car! Now that does not bother me but I kind of wonder what makes a car gay or girly or a hairdressesrs car?

Gay/Girly/Hairdresser Cars - badbusdriver

You'd really need a time machine, as that kind of pathetic put downs don't really happen these days, at least not in the motoring press. Prob still get it on social media. But at the end of the day, as long as you like your car, it doesnt make any difference what anyone else thinks.

Gay/Girly/Hairdresser Cars - nellyjak

First rule for happy motoring....if YOU are happy with the car you drive then don't give a xxxx about what anyone else thinks.

Gay/Girly/Hairdresser Cars - landmarker

>> what makes a car gay or girly or a hairdressesrs car?

In my experience, one of the following

- A model of car driven predominently by heterosexual white men, who are more succeptable than the average heterosexual white man to being wound up

- A car which purports to be a "sports" or "designer" model, but does not posess any distinctive performance / mechanical / handling advantage compared with a run of the mill model on which it is based.

The common set between these two is something like a Mark 1 Audi TT

Edited by landmarker on 17/07/2018 at 10:46

Gay/Girly/Hairdresser Cars - SLO76
From experience the m****s of this world seem to have certain unwritten rules regarding this. For example, I am a bit of a fan of the Mazda MX5 which is fine if I were to travel in it alone or with female passenger hood up or down but the instant a male friend sits beside you with the hood off it is apparently a reason to shout abuse at you while driving by. The only small two seater open tops which escape this are genuine performance stuff such as the Lotus Elise or Caterhams etc. Doesn’t stop me buying and driving what I want with the company I enjoy.
Gay/Girly/Hairdresser Cars - focussed

What about the Gay Classic Car Group? Yes - there really is one - who knew?

www.gccg.org.uk/

Gay/Girly/Hairdresser Cars - Leif

Why is everyone suddenly saying "who knew"?

Gay/Girly/Hairdresser Cars - Leif

Years back a neighbour had a pink Scimitar tank. That would definitely be camp/girly.

Any pink car is definitely camp/girly.

A car that is design over function tends to be girly, so the Vauxhall Adam and Fiat 500 quality. However, I love the look of the Fiat 500 and would love one. The girly car thing is spheroids. In Italy you see men in small cars, because they are practical in busy cities, and cheap to run. And they don't seem to have the "My car indicates the size of my manhood" syndrome.