BBC Innovation nation - Daedalus
I don\'t belive what I heard!

I was out in the garage machining a wheel on the lathe for the eldests lads school robot, and came into the living room to discuss sizes with him and found him watching a programme on BBC about the most inovative machines. Jonny Vaughn was on saying that he thought the best machine was a fridge because \"injecting one gas into another caused things to get cold\"!

Duh! had I heard that, is this a joke? So I went to the BBC website to the page on the program and accidently hit the link below. You guys need to get voting on this. Its being taken over by IQ150 numbos and anti car folk voters.

Pardon my spelling, grammer and punctuation tonight but I thought you should be able to have a look at what the Beebs doing.

Link is: www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/today/reports/science_nature/...l
BBC Inovation nation - frostbite
I thought it looked interesting but after ten minutes couldn't stand any more of the stupidly dumbed down presentation of what could have been some worthwhile television for a change.
BBC Inovation nation - Obsolete
As good an invention as the bicycle may be, it is clear that there was an orchestrated campaign by some groups to get people to vote for our two-wheeled friend. 'Today' has located a number of websites that linked directly to this page, calling on its readers to 'vote for the bicycle'.

The results are so daft as to be unbelievable.
BBC Innovation nation - Daedalus
I emailed the Beeb as well as the forum and got back the following reply which I thought you might like to see. At least they replied anyway.

------------------------------------

Dear Bill,

Thanks for your feedback on Innovation Nation and apologies for the error. Obviously we endeavour to be as technically correct as possible within our programmes, but in the case of celebrity comment we cannot always dictate their phraseology.

Thank you for watching the show and being so on the ball!

Kind regards,

Innovation Nation Team

------------------------------------

The thing is that I thought they used celebrity comment to validate what they proposing.

Bill