Audi a4 - Dvla fitness to drive - Melanie Nicholson

Hi.

I have just received a letter from DVLA requesting I fill in the fitness to drive from. The form itself is all to do with seizures ect. I don't suffer any? It's very hard to fill in. It was a third party (my ex ) as he has been arrested for malicious and harassing communications ect. My health is this: high blood pressure : two slipped spinal discs and wear and tear in spine: tachyicadia.This is what my doctor has orescribed:

Lisinipril for bp . Citalapram for heart speed : baclofen for muscles : tramadol as and when required.

Based upon all this information are DVLA likely to revoke my licence? I'm 44 and have had my license since 17years if age. In addition I just left a deposit on car as my 12yr is disabled and we can't get about. Now I either purchase the car even though DVLA have 6 weeks to respond with their desicion or I loose the big deposit . I'm so depressed and stressed right now I can't even think clear... at my sits end :(((

Thank you Mel

Audi a4 - Dvla fitness to drive - FP

I'm neither a medical nor legal expert, but it seems to me that if your heart/hypertension conditions are under control by medication there is no reason for you not to be OK to drive. As for your spine problems, if you can physically operate the car's controls effectively, again I can't see any problems.

With Tramadol, as I understand it, you need to be very careful if you take it and drive. In case of problems with any police saliva test, it may be as well to have your prescription with you. You should not of course drive if Tramadol impairs your ability to operate your vehicle.

Audi a4 - Dvla fitness to drive - focussed

Your first call must be to your doctor, he/she should be able to confirm via your medical records that you haven't had seizures.

Audi a4 - Dvla fitness to drive - Bromptonaut

FP has covered most of the ground. I don't think there's any option but to complete and return the form and the sooner you get it out of the way the better.

DVLA must have a process for dealing with malicious reports but equally people who are trying to dodge the bullet are likely to use the reporters motive as a wriggle. Send form with a covering letter explaining that you suspect your ex is reporting stuff maliciously and include crime references and details of any court orders dealing with this so DVLA can see it's true.

Is it possible to speak to dealer for your new car now and explain your predicament, asking them to place order on hold? If it's a Motability car speak to Motability themselves?

Edited by Bromptonaut on 15/05/2018 at 10:14

Audi a4 - Dvla fitness to drive - Leif
The medical conditions you describe are quite common. I injured my back several times, and lots of exercise has helped. Stretching works wonders. Just make sure you check with your doctor or physio first.