Speeding again <yawn> - Mark (Brazil)
I post this for purely academic interest sure that it won't encourage any incorrect behaviour and I don't even know if its true.

But apparantly, and allegedly......................

Thames Valley Police are mounting a 6 month speeding campaign from 1st July, on the M40, M4 and A34. They have been equipped with the following
unmarked vehicles:-

BMW 535I, - 1 Silver and 1 Dark Green
Seat Cordoba 2.0 VTI in Silver
Vectra 2.5 SRI - 1 Black & 1 Red
Omega 3.0 SRI - 1 Burgundy
Volvo S40 T4 - 1 Red
Volvo S70 - 1 White
VW Bora 2.3 VTI - Red
VW Passat VR6 - Silver

They will also be using a helicopter between Junctions 4 and 8/9 of the M4 from next Monday for a 2 week period, plus additional mobile speed cameras
on bridges around the Maidenhead and Slough Junctions.
Re: Speeding again <yawn> - HJ in transit in KL
Assuming this is accurate, thanks on behalf of everyone.

HJ
Re: Speeding again <yawn> - Mark (Brazil)
> Assuming this is accurate,

Given the source, I would have thought so; but you can never be 100% sure.

Certainly its likely enough that I would recommend slowing down if one of these is on your tail - just in case.
Re: Speeding again <yawn> - Brian
Is Mark (Brazil)'s computer date clock a month behind, or has the e-mail taken a month in transit (I knew Brazil was a long way away, but I did not realise that it was one light month away in electronic terms!)
Re: E mail not speeding - Stuart B
Brian,
the date shown in the site is in format MM-DD-YY HH:MM (GMT time)
it confused me too till I sussed it.

Or should I have set: humour=on

Its rather difficult setting the post filter to detect,
straight-up/humour/ironic/rant/slightly demented posts according to meaning at times.
Re: E mail not speeding - Mark H
I noticed that before, why does this site use the american style date format instead of the british format?

Confuses the hell out of me how anyone ever thought month-day-year was sensible. Oh well.

Regards,
Mark
Re: E mail not speeding - bogush
They are just trying to emphasise their independence.

If they used proper money they would use "£ d s" instead of "£ s d".

(But do they use "st oz lbs" instead of "st lb ozs" ? ;-)
Re: E mail not speeding - Brian
Stuart B
I should be used to the format by now, this one just caught me out.
I tend to prefer either the UK DD-MM-YY or, as a logical alternative, YY-MM-DD, either of which can be sorted into correct chronological sequence by a computer program.
MM-DD-YY is a pain, difficult for us Brits to read and can't be automatically sorted.
With 5 weeks work to catch up on I rather think that I qualify for the "demented" category at the moment.
Re: E mail not speeding - Ian Cook
With regard to date formats, there must be something in the national psyche.

Brits start with day, suggesting that the most important thing we want to know is the numerical date. Presumably we all know the month, and the year is mostly irrelevant in everday dealings.

Across the pond, they want to know what month it is first. Why? Do they keep forgetting? Don't they care what the numerical date is? Perhaps if they're in the nearest "parish" that is OK. Again, they're not bothered about the year.

Having given us such an interesting explanation of the origin of the two fingered salute, perhaps Mark (Brazil) has some background info on this one?
Re: Two fingered salute origin - Stuart B
Mark was absolutely spot on with his entertaining account. I first heard this from the guy at Warwick castle who demonstrates the use of the longbow, and if you see how accurately he can shoot you wouldnt argue with him either. What name is he known by...................Sir!
Re: Speeding again <yawn> - Kevin
You can add the A4 to that list.
Plod was amusing himself yesterday west of Reading.