Removal of chewing gum from leather seat - FP

As, the title says, I have a couple of smears of chewing gum on one of the rear leather seats of my CX-5.

Leaving aside my intense annoyance at how his happened (don't ask), what's the best way of removing the stuff without damaging the leather, which is black and will be sure to show any loss of colour etc.?

My thanks in advance for any help anyone can give.

Removal of chewing gum from leather seat - Gibbo_Wirral

Ice cubes to freeze. Or any good quality leather cleaning fluid should dissolve it and treat the leather at the same time.

Removal of chewing gum from leather seat - oldroverboy.

I often have something annoying on the passenger seat.

Any ideas?

:>)

Removal of chewing gum from leather seat - John Boy

Sun roof and ejector seat?

Removal of chewing gum from leather seat - oldroverboy.

Sun roof and ejector seat?

I remember in the 80's when i had a lotus and was driving my mother back to the Uk from switzerland and she asked "what does that button do?"

when i said it was the ejector seat, she withdrew her finger rapidly!

Removal of chewing gum from leather seat - RT

I often have something annoying on the passenger seat.

Any ideas?

:>)

Set the central locking option to only open the driver's door.

Removal of chewing gum from leather seat - Wackyracer

doesn't WD40 get chewing gum off?

Removal of chewing gum from leather seat - John Boy

Google gives lots of suggestions. This is just 1 (5) of many:

www.wikihow.com/Remove-Chewing-Gum-from-Leather

Removal of chewing gum from leather seat - catsdad
I would go to a motor upholsterer for them to do it. If its as easy as some of these suggestions then it won't cost much.

On the other hand if its more difficult you will avoid having to start a new thread on "Removal WD 40/peanut butter/etc stains from leather seat".
Removal of chewing gum from leather seat - FP

Thanks for the suggestions - humorous and otherwise.

This morning I went out while the car was cold and managed to scrape off most of the stuff with a blunt knife. I used parcel tape to pull up any loose bits, but had to use a watchmaker's screwdriver to poke out gum from the myriad of little holes cut in the leather, presumably for ventilation purposes.

There was still some discoloration after that, but an application of leather upholstery treatment got rid of it.