The new 5 series - Morris Ox
Saw pics of the new Beemer yesterday.

It's, er, interesting to look at in a kind of 'why the hell did they have to do that to it' way.

Heard reports from the US that the 7 series is already undergoing a major restyle. Not surprised; when the car was launched I had it on the authority of a very well-known BMW dealer that it was a good car...for a Lexus!

Wonder how soon they'll redo the 5. Any guesses, HJ?
The new 5 series - Bagpuss
I've seen the new 5 being road tested around Munich. Believe me the pictures don't do it justice, it's a stunner in real life. Enough to make me think about trading in the Merc...
The new 5 series - Marcos{P}
If you go to a BMW dealer and enquire about the 7 series you can get a huge discount because they can't shift them. Apparently they are restyling the inside and out to make it more appealing.
The new 5 series - Chad.R
If you go to a BMW dealer and enquire about the
7 series you can get a huge discount because they can't
shift them.

What effect will that have on the old shape 7 series (E38) prices? - will they stay a little bit higher as many owners may not trade them in for new?

Chad.R
The new 5 series - Dude - {P}
IMHO if BMW continue to employ their current head of "styling" Chris Bangle ( Now more commonly called Bungle), they are going to lose a very large chunk of their market share. If they are stupid enough to allow the next 3 series to be "Bungled", I for one will be looking towards Lexus, when I come to replace my E46 320d.