recall - xsara owners boyfriend
You may like to know Citroen are recalling Xsaras for front bearing/suspension checks...

They seem to be using their own customer database and not the DVLA one as this ones owner has moved since it was bought and the letter went to the old address (yes the registration doc has had current address for some time)

The Xsara is about 10 months old...

You would have thought if its an important check they would be complelled to use the DVLA addresses ?

Sorry to all you Xsara owners... (is this a tactic to avoid getting on the recalled cars list?)
Recall - David Lacey
Probably - yes
Re: Recall - Carole Adams
Is it all models? (www.automotive.co.uk should link to pages of recalls of all makes but the site often won't load and it won't today.)
Re: Recall - Carole Adams
Just remembered: there was a recall on Sept. 25th, description of defect: "There is a possibility that due to incorrect machining of the suspension ball joint clamp bolt holt on the pivot (sic), the ball joint may disengage." Build dates were July 2000-Sept 2000. Actually, didn't remember, kept a copy of the webpage for a whole host of reasons: sad or what?
Re: Recall - honstjohn
Once again, this recall is included a mere few clicks away in the Car By Car Breakdown on this site. Choose Citroen from the drop down list, then Xsara and you get all the good points, all the bad points, all the things to watch out for and all the recalls and TSBs I am aware of, including the lastest batch of recalls to Jue 2001, released last week. It's a much more conveneint summary for the owner or potential purchaser od a particular make and model of car than any other source I'm aware of. Which is why it's here.

HJ
Re: Recall - Chris
There's a Xsara that parks up the road from us that looks suspiciously as if the suspension has collapsed (front and rear). I've seen it driving around in that state and it looks bouncy. It's sitting like a flat BX: top part of tyre hidden up to the wheel trim etc. So either they drive around with very heavy weights in the back or it's knackered. Must be a nightmare to drive. I wonder if they look at it and think: It's a Citroen, it'll go up when we set off...

Chris