Vauxhall Corsa C - Fuel Filter - Haydn24

Looking to change my fuel filter in the near future. I've looked in the Haynes manual and it says to depressurize the fuel system before doing so, but I can't find the valve under the bonnet which it says to do this via. Is this an absolute must when changing the filter or not?

From what I've gathered so far, you undo each of the quick release fittings, take out the fuel filter whilst having a container underneath to catch the spillages, and then fit the new filter in, ensuring it clicks into place on each side.

Vauxhall Corsa C - Fuel Filter - elekie&a/c doctor

It is not an absolute must,but it does prevent fuel spraying around when you release the pipes at the filter.An alternative method ,is to open the fuse box cover in the engine bay and identify the 2 purple relays in the fusebox,near the bottom.One of these is the pump relay.Run the engine and pull out each in turn to find out which causes the engine to falter and run out of fuel.There is a special tool to release the pipe fittings off the filter,but it can be done with a couple of small screwdrivers.