Ford Mondeo Titanium X Estate - 2011 model - Gearbox problem/Engine management problem - help.. - spg645co

My Ford Mondeo seems to drop out of gear while on the move.

Today, driving at about 40mph I suffered a loss of drive.

The engine is still running and the revs shoot up but there is no drive to the wheels.

I had to pull over, turn the engine off, restart, and was then able to continue driving.

It seems that turning the engine off resets the engine management computer (but that's just me guessing!).

Whenever this happens the anti-skid light comes on on the dashboard.

When I restart the engine the dashboard is clear again.

I asked Ford for their analysis and the best they came up with was anew gearbox at £4,000. I refused.

Your help would be appreciated.

PM

Ford Mondeo Titanium X Estate - 2011 model - Gearbox problem/Engine management problem - help.. - RobJP

I'm assuming this is an automatic.

Has the gearbox oil ever been changed ?

Ford Mondeo Titanium X Estate - 2011 model - Gearbox problem/Engine management problem - help.. - spg645co

Yes to both. It is an automatic and the gearbox oil was changed 12 months ago.

Ford Mondeo Titanium X Estate - 2011 model - Gearbox problem/Engine management problem - help.. - Fernando P

I suggest that you contact/go to a Member of the Federation of Automatic Transmission Engineers (as I have done), who are the auto gearbox experts and can properly diagnose the problem and advise on a solution. These businesses understand auto transmission problems much better than main dealers who only come across them occasionally.