Vauxhall Vectra C - Switching Headlight from RHD to LHD - AllanM

I have been advised that my model Vectra has a switch on the rear of the headlight to change the dip from RHD to LHD. Does anyone know where the switch is located? Do you have to remove the headlight to make the change?

Vauxhall Vectra C - Switching Headlight from RHD to LHD - mfarrow

I see a different part for LH and RH traffic.

ecat24.com/opel/catalog/part/1/41/565/4051/41680/

Either someone's pulling your leg, remembering a different car, or just expressing their desire that there should be one there!

Vauxhall Vectra C - Switching Headlight from RHD to LHD - AllanM

Many thanks. The reason for my question is that I am now living in France and need to change the beam direction to be able to import the car into France. Looks like I will need to buy some LHD units.!!

Vauxhall Vectra C - Switching Headlight from RHD to LHD - focussed

Many thanks. The reason for my question is that I am now living in France and need to change the beam direction to be able to import the car into France. Looks like I will need to buy some LHD units.!!

Give this bloke an email/call very helpful, I bought some LHD units from him - good stuff.

www.mr-mecanicien.net/pb/wp_31fe0ab9/wp_31fe0ab9.h...l

Vauxhall Vectra C - Switching Headlight from RHD to LHD - zzander

first identify type of light you have ... Having looked through two different owners manuals; an earlier manual (March 2003) mentions there is a lever to adjust the headlights for continental driving, but in a later manual (Aug 2003) it says that if you haven't got Adaptive Forward Lighting (AFL) then to Place covers on both headlights. If you have got Adaptive Forward Lighting (AFL)
1. Open and remove the cover of the fusebox in the engine compartment
2. Fit fuse (maxi-fuse) 3 (with designation "Transport") in slot 38.
3. Switch on ignition.
After the conversion, the AFL control

indicator lights for 4 seconds each time the ignition is switched on.

non-adaptive headlights. turn off the left hand segment. You remove the rubber cover from the back of the dipped beam bulb and (looking at it from the engine compartment) there is a small lever on the left hand side (about 8 o'clock). Just push this down / up and it adds in / removes the dipped beam part of the pattern. Very simple - do it with the lights on up to a wall and you will see instantly, but watch out for the hot bulb if you have it on too long. Don't forget to put the rubber cover back securely. Start with the drivers side - it's easier to get to.

hope this helps

Edited by zzander on 26/03/2015 at 22:34