Peugeot 308 - Gearbox issue - koliva

Hi,

I have a 2010 model Peugeot 308 1.6 HDI. It has 80.000 km. (not mile) in the teller.

The problem with my car is that gear stick can not be pulled to second, fourth and reverse gear. Literally, you can not pull the stick. It engages fine to first, third and fifth gears.

I have asked the problem already into this forum and the most likely seen problem was the linkages. Today, I visited a garage. The repairman also suspected that the problem would be because of one of the linkages. We disassembled the tray below the engine compartment, battery, battery tray and some other hoses in the engine bay. We realized that the linkages were in place and they are just fine. The repairman couldn't find any problem there and he decided that the problem is probably somewhere in the gearbox. Could anyone please help me out what to do? Is there any test that I can do? My car has just 80K kilometer (not mile) and I personally don't think that it could be because of gearbox. I am just stuck.

Edited by koliva on 14/02/2015 at 13:46

Peugeot 308 - Gearbox issue - Peter.N.

Manual gearbox failure is very unusual although it can happen. Have you tried disconnecting the linkage and seing if it will go in? If not sounds like a failure in the selector mechanism, possibly the pin that holds the fork onto the shaft.

Your cheapest option might be a secondhand gearbox, its very unlikely you would get another duff one. If you are inclined the cheapest way may be to remove the box and look inside, but it its a major failure the parts might cost more than a s/h box.

No, we didn't try to disconnect the linkage. I am planning to go to a Peugeot dealer to have them check it. I will ask them to do what you proposed. Is there anything else that might help to find out the root cause?

I took a video when I was playing with the gear lever (I don't know its exact name) on top of the gearbox. So, this is the place where the linkage caming from 2, 4 and reverse gear stick is connected to the gearbox. In the video, I press the lever as if I am pulling the gear to the fourth gear and it is really stuck there. Could anyone tell me a normal behavior of this lever? Would it engage to fourth gear by playing with it like that? Is there any easy test for this issue?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wx8Y4AleoAE

Peugeot 308 - Gearbox issue - Lija
Hello,
did you solve the problem and how? I have the same problem, ty.
Peugeot 308 - Gearbox issue - Johan Sundberg

Hi, I have exactly the same problem and have not found any online suggestions to the problem. Did you manage to find a solution?