We're back... - Mark (RLBS)
Right, well, sorry about that. At least I know what the yellow lead is plugged in for now - turns out it wasn't spare at all !!

We're here and insofar as I can see, working.

Assuming that is the case, I can now chase after that irritating little troll David Neve, although you will no doubt know him as cleanaroundthebend and may remember him as The Watcher.

Please don't rise to him. It takes him far longer to create an e-mail address and re-register than it takes for me to disable him again.

No doubt he will do this a few more times. I'd reckon it will take a couple of days to get bored or to find something else to turn his brilliant computer consultant mind to.

In the mean time, just ignore him and I will remove his new identities and the notes he enters as I get to them.

By all means contribute to the same threads as him, but avoid replying to his note specifically. If you do, then when I sweep the forum for his notes, the deletion will also take out any replies to him. I am really not going to put any manual effort into dealing with the little prune.

Also bear in mind that he'll probably enter loads of stuff under a new username at night when I'm not watching.

He wouldn't have managed so much dross today if I hadn't been busy anyway and having technical difficulties.

You do have to wonder what is in the mind of these people, and what makes them tick - or not tick, I guess.

Sorry about the interruption to service from our SQL issues, and apologies for the other little irritation.

Mark.
We're back... - No Do$h
Welcome back. I have to admit I thought CRTB was you trying to bait us. I'm struggling with the idea that someone's views can be that, well, forthright for want of a better (and "snipped") word.
We\'re back... - Mark (RLBS)
I have to be honest and say I didn\'t read anything he wrote. If I am deleting by username I don\'t need to even know the note existed.

The fact that we have kicked him out before for advertising his silly little car-import business and for repeated swearing is enough simply to trash him everytime he shows up.

and by the way, you thought he was me baiting you ? You obviously have a somewhat lower opinion of my intelligence and humour than I would have hoped.
We're back... - No Do$h
Fair play. Keep it up Mark.
We're back... - No Do$h
And the reference to you baiting was VERY Tongue in Cheek.
We're back... - BrianW
I must admit, when I found that The Back Room had disappeared this afternoon I wondered if HJ had carried out his threat to close it down!
We\'re back... - Mark (RLBS)
No.

It caused quite a panic since by coincidence it was a horribly busy day for HJ, Martyn, Stephen and I and we had to try and fit everything around each other.

On which note, they had it up and running pretty damned quick, it was just that we had to revert to an old copy of some bits which threw the odd spanner in the works.

And as for HJ, I suspect I\'ll hear of his displeasure about the downtime fairly soon 8-|

M.
We're back... - HF
Well, thank goodness it's back!

Was racking my brains to think of where else I could go this evening to annoy people :)
HF
We're back... - eMBe {P}
Mark: slightly (only just, I hope), but can you do anything to limit the length of a user name to say a maximum of 20 letters or even less? I ask only because the current "technical" page which has a very long VX-omega username is causing my page layout display to go a bit haywire.

Thanks in anticipation of a solution.

** HJ Backroomers - ADD your photo albums at:
groups.msn.com/honestjohn/shoebox.msnw
We're back... - Martyn [(ex) BR moderator]
Mark: slightly (only just, I hope), but can you do anything
to limit the length of a user name to say a
maximum of 20 letters or even less? I ask only because
the current "technical" page which has a very long VX-omega username
is causing my page layout display to go a bit haywire.
Thanks in anticipation of a solution.

I'll see what I can do about this. It should certainly be possible to limit the input field of the registration form to a given number of characters.

Martyn [Back Room moderator]
====================
mailto:webmaster@honestjohn.co.uk
We're back... - eMBe {P}

>>> I'll see what I can do about this. It should certainly be possible to limit the input field of the registration form to a given number of characters.

Martyn [Back Room moderator] <<<<

Thank you Martyn for the above response, and thanks to Mark also for shortening the Omega-owner name. The monitor display is now back to "normal".
We're back... - Dynamic Dave
Mark, glad you managed to eventually find 10p for the meter ;o)
Well you know how it is, Dave.

Martyn has to scrimp and save to buy me my 1 weird veggie meal from a dodgy veggie restautant with no vodka or smoking, two iffy ploughmans and a couple of pints a year, and its getting near due.

So savings have to be made.

Mark.