Toyota Avensis - Too short for clutch! - SeaShell

Not sure which forum to post this in, so I'll post it in both.

I am 5 ft. (152cm) tall and have to drive a Toyota Avensis. Unfortunately, even with the seat as far forward as I can get it, I cannot work the clutch properly. Is it possible to move the seat even further forward? Any other suggestions?

Toyota Avensis - Too short for clutch! - galileo

Find a company that modifies cars for disabled drivers - they may be able to fix a block to the clutch pedal so that you can reach it. (If others use this car, it would need to be easily detached and fitted, obviously)

Toyota Avensis - Too short for clutch! - jc2

If you can't work the clutch,how do you manage the brakes/accelerator?

Easy. They don't have to go down as far to work. But if the clutch isn't all the way down...

Toyota Avensis - Too short for clutch! - MrEckerslikefromRamsbottom

I had the same problem myself driving a 1947 Humber Hea*** with a fixed bench seat. Things were simpler in those days before seat belts. I managed with a briefcase behind me. Perhaps you could use a garden-chair cushion, the type that ties on to a plastic garden chair and comes with tie tapes stitched in. It's always the clutch that's the problem, isn't it. The other two are within reach of your right leg, but the clutch has to be pushed aaall the way down!

Short-houses of the World, unite!

LOL. There definitely needs to be a group for short people. They can petition for having cupboards lowered and things like that, so that we don't have to climb on the side when there isn't a stool to be found! Think you're right and a cushion is going to be able to work. Tried a rolled up pillow, and it seemed to do the job. Will find something the right size that I don't have to worry about sinking back into or comign unrolled.

Thanks for your help!