Nissan Micra - Broken Exhaust bolt - westburry

Hi

I've broken an exhaust bolt connecting the Exhaust Pipe to the Catalytic Converter.

I only have one bolt at the moment connecting the two together instead of the two bolts.

I haven't driven the car yet but was just wondering would driving the car damage the Catalytic Converter ?

I don't plan on driving it too much, just down to the dealers to order a new bolt and then to drive down to collect it. Where I live there is no local transport to where the dealers is.

Thanks for your advice !!

Patrick

Nissan Micra - Broken Exhaust bolt - MrEckerslikefromRamsbottom

A bolt and a nut, I take it? You haven't broken the bolt in a threaded hole? Whilst you're waiting for an answer from here, you could have ordered a pack of high-tensile bolts off e-Bay and probably got ten for the price of one from the Nissan dealer! And try to get brass nuts instead of steel ones for exhaust jobs, then they'll come off again easily. You'll find brass nuts on e-Bay as well. All delivered to your door so's you don't have to use the car 'till it's mended.

Nissan Micra - Broken Exhaust bolt - Cris_on_the_gas

You'll be fine to drive it.

although would be a lot cheaper to go to a motor factors or decent hardware outlet to get bolt rather than dealer.