Mazda 6 2013 Estate - Mazda 6 2013 Tyre Pressure Monitoring - skinnywhippet

I have a spare set of wheels with winter tyres for my newish (new model) Mazda 6. The dealer said that I need to make sure the original wheels are replaced on the same hubs and in exactly the same position after winter, because of the TPMS (and that there would be a warning light all the time when I'm using the spare wheels).

Is this correct though, because I understand there are no sensors in the wheels or tyres, but that the TPMS on this car is somehow related to the ABS system?

So do I need to record exact location and position of each wheel when I change them in a few months?

Thank you.

Mazda 6 2013 Estate - Mazda 6 2013 Tyre Pressure Monitoring - elekie&a/c doctor

TPMS fitted to cars works through either sensors fitted in each wheel or now more commonly via the abs system,which monitors each wheel speed accurately.The abs system monitors rotational speed and so it does not matter where the wheel is fitted on any hub.(assuming same size tyres all round)hth

Mazda 6 2013 Estate - Mazda 6 2013 Tyre Pressure Monitoring - skinnywhippet

Thanks, that does make sense. I think the service manager must have had previous models in mind that use sensors not the abs system when he gave me advice about the hubs etc.