Halfords car batteries. - KB.
Although I'm fortunate ehough to have access to a car spares wholesaler, I inherited a Halfords 063 battery. When it showed signs of failure I went to Halfords without a receipt and smiled nicely and asked politely. They checked the code on it and said that is was less than 3 years old therefore they would change it for a new one. Excellent!

Today, 11 months later, I went back as I suspected it was not holding its charge. They tested it with a meter and declared it to be defective and replaced it without argument. Excellent! (apart from the fact that it shouldn't really have failed within 11 months - but never mind).

Having given me a new battery they also issued a new receipt and said I have another 3 years warranty. Excellent!

It retailed at £39.99 and I know I can get a similar one for about half that at the other place, but I reckon they've given good customer service and for that they deserve a mention.

KB.
Halfords car batteries. - Doc
I have had a similar experience at Halfords with a Lucas battery (I don't think they sell them now)
They never argue about faulty goods.
Halfords car batteries. - Armitage Shanks{P}
Good to hear this sort of service. I have had stuff from other places with, say, a 12 month warranty and if it fails after 10 months and is replaced you only get the balance of the warranty ie 2 months! I have always found Halfords very good although I haven't tried their servicing yet. The shops and goods in them seem to be fine.
Halfords car batteries. - deere3350
Aye - And Kwik Fit's one of em.
Halfords car batteries. - ndbw
I too have had exellent service from Halfords.A Karcher pressure washer failed after a couple of months,it was replaced without any trouble,

ndbw
Halfords car batteries. - blowpipe
A simple exchange policy for faulty goods should be the mainstay of any decent outfit. Hein Gericke, supplying motorcycle gear, think otherwise. This lead to a collossal thread on www.hondavfrclub.org under 'Buyer beware'which spread to numerous other sites. A rather belated u-turn by the MD failed to undue considerable damage to their reputation.