Ford Mondeo Estate 06 2litre petrol - Brake light problem - drascombe
The brake lights come on briefly each time I depress the clutch. If I pull back on the brake pedal with the toe of my shoe, the problem goes away briefly but returns at some point after braking again. I think there is a sensor issue, but I've taken it into Frauds who, typically, found no problem... There is a problem, though. I first noticed it when towing my boat at night. It's not a towing issue, though, and whilst my wife was driving behind my car the other evening, she wondered why I was flashing my brake lights at her as I pulled away from junctions. I've also noticed it lots of time when driving at night and looking in the rear view mirror at the red reflections in road signs.
The car has made it through yet another MOT unscathed, so this is obviously not on their list of failure issues. The problem has been there for at least 3 years...

Apart from feeling a bit of a loon as I pull away from junctions, the car works exceptionally well, so I suppose I could just carry on as is. Just wondered if anyone else had come across this problem, or if there are any known solutions.
Ford Mondeo Estate 06 2litre petrol - Brake light problem - elekie&a/c doctor

I have seen this before.Replace the brake light switch and all will be ok.hth

Ford Mondeo Estate 06 2litre petrol - Brake light problem - drascombe
Fantastic. Thanks. I'll give it a go.