Vauxhall Astra - APCOA PARKING FINE AT LUTON AIRPORT - sammurphy

I receied a Enforcement Notice from APCOA giving me the opportunity to pay a fine for stopping/dropping off in a non drop off area. Actually it was my first time to dropping off someone at luton airport so i was driving bit slow to see where is dropping off point but suddenly at small roundabout my car engine stop and my firend just took off from there. Because he was getting late and didnt have any luggage it took me only 5 secs to drive away from there. Any advice please?

thanks

Vauxhall Astra - APCOA PARKING FINE AT LUTON AIRPORT - FP

I'm pretty sure this has been covered in another thread a while back.

You need to check whether you have received a "fine" or something else, like a "charge". Check the wording. If the former, you are dealing with APCOA as agents for the local authority - in the case, Luton Borough Council - and must take the matter seriously, otherwise the weight of the law will apply. There will be some reference to LBC on the ticket. It will be a Penalty Charge Notice. You can try to appeal direct to LBC.

Otherwise, a "charge" is an invoice for contravening a parking company's regulations which you may choose not to pay, as it's a civil matter. It may be disguised to make it look official - it may say Parking Charge Notice. Many regard such notices with contempt, but you should do some homework before deciding. I suggest you go to www.pepipoo.com - there's plenty about APCOA and about Luton Airport.

Though I am fairly local and have driven in and out of the airport on many occasions I don't know what the legal position is with regard to stopping on the approach roads - though I have seen the signs forbidding it. And I remember an unholy row a while back when traffic was so slow that people were getting out of cars and taxis, having calculated it was quicker to walk, with the result that drivers were getting tickets.

Edited by FP on 24/04/2013 at 18:58

Vauxhall Astra - APCOA PARKING FINE AT LUTON AIRPORT - sammurphy

Hi

Its saying PARKING CHARGE NOTICE so i assume its from private comapany not from council.

i found this information

Section 56 and Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012: Recovery of Unpaid Parking Charges.

6.2 Where a contravention is detected remotely (such as by cameras), the landholder may request registered keeper data from the DVLA immediately and must write to the registered keeper within 14 days seeking details of the driver or payment of the parking charge.

because i received this parking charge notice after 20 days of contravention.

thank you so much for youe help

Vauxhall Astra - APCOA PARKING FINE AT LUTON AIRPORT - FP

You may have found your simple get-out clause, but I would still suggest you take a look at Pepipoo, where there are some suggested letters.