Ford focus 1.6tdci 2007 - Dpf now turbo gone - monkeybizz
Hello there, i have just paid £373 to ford garage for the DPF and now a few weeks later the turbo has gone. Please help the car is working out very expensive, and by reading the threads, and being a student I don't think i will be able to afford it. Can you please advise what to do, the rac said the rattling noise are the bearings and he opened it up and showed me, i had not driven very far and just returned home and parked up. Please advise me if the ford garage , while doing the dpf could of caused the turbo to o so quick.

Mant thanks.....please email me some pictures.
Ford focus 1.6tdci 2007 - Dpf now turbo gone - Iceberg

Once the DPF has become blocked the resulting back pressure puts the EGR valve and turbo under extra stress, the longer the car is used with DPF blocked the quicker the related components will fail.

Ford focus 1.6tdci 2007 - Dpf now turbo gone - Collos25

May I suggest if you are on a limited budget you take some DIY lessons on car maintainance ,taking it to main dealers is a last option.

First find out if the car has an electronic or vacuum turbo actuator then remove the turbo or turbo and actuator either fit a recon unit or uy one of ebay,clean out or replace the EGR and clean all the adjacent pipework including the inlet manifold.

There is a post of around 140 replies on the subject on this forum do a bit of googling.

Ford focus 1.6tdci 2007 - Dpf now turbo gone - monkeybizz

thank you kindly