Vauxhall Corsa B - cluch problems - morphious

hi have just well three weeks ago bought a corsa b its a 1.5 td bit noisey and tatty but it was cheep to get me out of a hole ! . well now in another hole cause i dont know whats wrong ???

well the cluch peddel when pressed you can feel a slow vibrating or knocking feeling but now this morning the cluch peddel went strait to the floor and there it stayed . i have looked to see if it was the cable but it seems not as if i uncuppel it from the fork ( where it joins the top of the gearbox ) i can pull the cable taught or tight and the peddel for that time i hold it sitts back where it is normaly . but this fork thing sorry dont know its tecknical name seems to be free to move is this right .

well thanks in advance for any help and advise you all can give

Vauxhall Corsa B - cluch problems - Peter.N.

Sadly I would suspect that either the thrust bearing or the fingers on the pressure plate have failed, for either its an gearbox out job.

Vauxhall Corsa B - cluch problems - morphious

Sadly I would suspect that either the thrust bearing or the fingers on the pressure plate have failed, for either its an gearbox out job.

yep think thats about it

can any one tell me how the engine and gear cox split and has any one here doen this and if so hwo difficult is it