N/A - Noise-detecting cameras - FP

This is a new one on me.

"Noise-detecting cameras are on their way to more parts of the country in the coming weeks. Having initially been deployed in an area of Bradford, drivers in Birmingham, Bristol, and parts of Norfolk will also be monitored. If the expanded trial proves successful, the rest of the UK could well follow suit." (Sky News)

From personal observation, the number of noisy exhausts seems to have diminished, at least round where I live and where I go. In general, cars are much quieter than they were. Engine noise is much lower and of course if it's an EV there is just a faint whine or whoosh.

N/A - Noise-detecting cameras - Maxime.

We get them with tuned big bore exhausts and remapped engines that snap and snarl to creat noise on gearchanges and overuns.

N/A - Noise-detecting cameras - Bolt

We get them with tuned big bore exhausts and remapped engines that snap and snarl to creat noise on gearchanges and overuns.

As you but its motorcycles that do most of the revving and a lot of wheel spins including look alike circus tricks, no doubt they will come a cropper soon enough.

yet we have a couple of V8 American cars around the corner but you only hear the purr of the engines as they pass the houses which I like the sound of....

N/A - Noise-detecting cameras - Adampr

I live between the countryside and the coast, which means we get pensioners on their daft Harley's all day and kids in their 'tuned' Corsas all night. At the weekend, we also get the MAMILs on their push bikes having shouted conversations. Thankfully, I don't actually mind a bit of noise.

N/A - Noise-detecting cameras - Crickleymal

MAMILs ?

N/A - Noise-detecting cameras - paul 1963

MAMILs ?

Middle aged men in lycra.....

N/A - Noise-detecting cameras - maz64

There's a chap drives down my road that you can hear coming miles away. His vehicle is somewhat unusual in that it's a properly pimped up S5, garish purple paint job and bits of plastic stuck to it, although I'm fairly sure it does have a real V8 under the bonnet.

He drops his old mum off outside the flats opposite :)

Also I'm quite near the A4 in Chippenham where the road goes from 2 lanes to one after some traffic lights (Avenue le Fleche if you're familiar with the area). I get the impression it doubles as a drag strip for the local boy(?) racers.

I remember shopping in our local co-op a few years ago. As we left we heard a motorbike with a loud exhaust going past the traffic lights a few hundred yards away. A couple of coppers entering the shop asked us if we knew anything about the noisy bike. How could we? It was a few hundred yards away, we couldn't see the junction as we didn't have x-ray vision and we'd only just left the shop. f*****g i****s

N/A - Noise-detecting cameras - edlithgow

I remember shopping in our local co-op a few years ago. As we left we heard a motorbike with a loud exhaust going past the traffic lights a few hundred yards away. A couple of coppers entering the shop asked us if we knew anything about the noisy bike. How could we? It was a few hundred yards away, we couldn't see the junction as we didn't have x-ray vision and we'd only just left the shop. f*****g i****s

Seems reasonable to me. Could have been a well known local PITA that was building resentment. Maybe comes under “community policing” Not always comfortable with the idea of being a police informant, but I have done it in the context of local drug dealing which was becoming alarming

So pick a random person exiting a shop and ask them about a noise 1/4 of a mile away.

Every time I've tried to report drug taking I keep getting asked how I know what pot smells like. It's as though they'd rather shift the blame on to me.

N/A - Noise-detecting cameras - bathtub tom

Every time I've tried to report drug taking I keep getting asked how I know what pot smells like.

Tell them a copper told you.

N/A - Noise-detecting cameras - bathtub tom

Were you wearing biker gear and carrying skid lids?

Were you wearing biker gear and carrying skid lids?

Nope