Nissan Cube - Oil leak through filler cap - ZCube

Hi

When i went to fill my screenwash on my Nissan Cube the other week I noticed it looks like oil is getting out of the filler cap. So a couple of noddy questions - could it just be the seal on the filler cap? the o-rings on it look fine and don't look perished and probably the second more important question is should oil be getting anywhere near there in the first place? I've monitored once a week and it's certainly not pouring out but it certainly looks like it's reoccurring and not just a one off. Happy enough to try a new filler cap or o-ring but want to make sure i'm not ignoring a more important problem!

Nissan Cube - Oil leak through filler cap - Adampr

At the risk of stating the obvious, try a new cap and see if that does it. Make sure the dips5ick is in properly too....

Nissan Cube - Oil leak through filler cap - badbusdriver

Surely another obvious thing to check is that it hasn't been overfilled with oil?

Nissan Cube - Oil leak through filler cap - elekie&a/c doctor
Could be a blocked engine oil breather causing excess crankcase pressure.
Nissan Cube - Oil leak through filler cap - Andrew-T

I'm assuming the reference to screenwash has nothing to do with the question, just setting the scene, as it were ? Or could we imagine oil emerging from the screenwash filler .... :-)

Nissan Cube - Oil leak through filler cap - ZCube

thanks guys - and yes don't worry the screenwash was just setting the scene ;-)

I don't think overfilling was the reason - (it was last done at Service rather than by myself) as it seems to have occurred more than once and recently - Service was back in March.

I've treated myself to an official new cap from Nissan so will see how it goes, hopefully it's as noddy as that but I was curious whether oil should ever get that high

Cheers

Nissan Cube - Oil leak through filler cap - elekie&a/c doctor
Engine oil will get up to the base of the cap as it gets splashed around in the cam box cover . I’d be worried if it didn’t.