Renault Clio - Fuel gauge incorrect - malct

I filled up my diesel car on Thursday and I did keep adding more when it was tripping the stop signal a couple of times.

Got in the car and the fuel gauge had not moved to full, it was 80% full before filling up., So something is wrong.

Since then we have done 40 miles in the car , so I topped up the car just to make sure that I had not lost any fuel and I managed to put £5 worth in the car.

Checked the fuel gauge and it's still reading what it was when I pulled into the filling station.

On the trip computer, the amount is reducing since filling up on Thursday and the miles to empty is reducing, so it seems to be remembering the information in the fuel tank before filling up on Thursday.

In the past, I have been running low and I have but £10 in just to get me to a supermarket and the gauge doesn't move, so maybe this issue will be something similar and it will sort it self out. if I run the fuel tank low.

I have read about disconnecting the battery and it will reset everything, but need a code to set everything up.

Any thoughts

Regards and thanks for any help

Renault Clio - Fuel gauge incorrect - elekie&a/c doctor
You only need a code for the radio . Nothing else .
Renault Clio - Fuel gauge incorrect - malct

For information, it all works, disconnected the battery and touched live and N cables for 10 secs and reconnect the battery and it worked. Now showing full.

Car radio asked for keycode that I have in the service book.