Citroen C4 Grand Picasso - ODB2 scanners - tbg

hello all .

I'm just starting to have a look around for an odb2 scanner and was wondering does anyone have any suggestions .

I'm not that mechanically minded but would like to see whats going on with the car if needs be. So a costly near professional device is not needed.

What has brought this on is on my 2017 grand c4 picasso one of the rear seat belt buckles is faulty and keeps sounding an alarm if not plugged in, and now and a little more important is the stop/start function has stoppped working but I'm not getting any warning lights etc so thought a quick odb 2 thingy might help.

I've just started looking around for one but there is so many to look at and I'm just trying to narrow things down.

thanks for help

Citroen C4 Grand Picasso - ODB2 scanners - elekie&a/c doctor
A cheap obd scanner will only give you basic generic engine information and very little else . To check the other electronic functions on the car , you’re going to need a professional bit of kit . Expect to pay around £1k for starters .
Citroen C4 Grand Picasso - ODB2 scanners - Gibbo_Wirral

You need a Lexia cable (and a cheap laptop) Get them from Aliexpress for around £30. Don't waste your time with generic scanners, they often fail to correctly read the ECUs on Peugeots and Citroens.

Expensive "scan anything" readers are little better. That's why I work freelance for many garages with my Peugeot kit.

There's a guide here:

www.peugeotforums.com/forums/how-guides-tutorials-.../

Edited by Gibbo_Wirral on 07/12/2020 at 12:32

Citroen C4 Grand Picasso - ODB2 scanners - bathtub tom
and now and a little more important is the stop/start function has stoppped working but I'm not getting any warning lights etc so thought a quick odb 2 thingy might help.

How old's the battery? They need to be in tip-top condition for the stop-start to function.

Citroen C4 Grand Picasso - ODB2 scanners - Morris Marina 1.3 Super

Don't bother with the generic scanners. Search full chip Lexia 3 PP2000 on Ebay but you need a laptop and to follow the instructions on setting up carefully. Excellent youtube guides out there

Citroen C4 Grand Picasso - ODB2 scanners - tbg

I'll look into the Lexia but to be honest I was hoping for quick and easy way but if that's not possible I'll look around. I believe the battery is as old as the car so just over 3 years. I've taken it to my local garage for a battery check he said I need a new one and I may still be able to get it under 90 day warranty but looking at the exclusions I'm not so sure , however looking back I suspect the battery was crap when I bought the car but for various reasons ( I won't go into that just yet ) i never considered it would be the battery. So I'll see how it goes.

Thanks for you help