Chevrolet Lacetti 2006 - Opinions as to if my car is within economic repair - David_Lines

I have managed to damage the front wing of my car, basically the front wing is more or less destroyed back to the wheel arch. If you take a line from the nearside headlight to the wheel arch most of that is destroyed. The wheel must have been impacted too because the tyre is now flat

It actually only happened about 0.5 miles from my home in the pouring rain so I drove back home after only a cursory look, and it did not feel too bad to drive - it is only looking at it in clearer light that I can see just how severe the damage was.

I was wondering if there was anyone who might have a rough idea of whether a repair is likely to be possible, and if so what a ball park figure might be - I was hoping to be able to post pictures, I realise it might be difficult to give an opinion without actually seeing!

Chevrolet Lacetti 2006 - Opinions as to if my car is within economic repair - Andrew-T

I suffered a collision 4 years ago where the front quarter of the car was moderately damaged tho it still drove normally. Total cost was about £2400, more than half being OEM parts such as headlamp units, air-con radiator and bumper parts. Car was officially written off, but as it was (and is still) 100% reliable I had it repaired. So the cost will depend largely on parts replacement. Get a free estimate.

Chevrolet Lacetti 2006 - Opinions as to if my car is within economic repair - elekie&a/c doctor
This will most definitely be an insurance write off. Your only economic option would be to repair it with s/ hand parts .
Chevrolet Lacetti 2006 - Opinions as to if my car is within economic repair - Andrew-T
This will most definitely be an insurance write off. Your only economic option would be to repair it with s/ hand parts .

Given the age of the car, I would agree. Don't know the chances of finding s/h parts for this model though ... But an eyes-on estimate is the only way to find out. If the car is otherwise in good nick and you like it, get it fixed. If it's written off you'll have to buy something else.

Chevrolet Lacetti 2006 - Opinions as to if my car is within economic repair - David_Lines

Hello, many thanks for the words of advice - I had been at about 90% sure it would have to be written off; I guess I'm back to about 50/50 now, I can seen some body panels on ebay, and the prices don't seem too bad, I guess the labour will be a lot.

My local garage is struggling at the moment, so have not got the staff to send anyone out to have a look, but I will call around a few more.

Chevrolet Lacetti 2006 - Opinions as to if my car is within economic repair - sammy1

Best bet is to ask a small independent body shop for their opinion. You do not say if the headlight or indicator need replacing or front bumper for that matter? If it's just front wing and paint maybe worth paying depending on cars overall condition and mileage. For 2006 car suggest not much life left in it anyway. A claim on insurance may not be in your best interest for the value of the car particularly as you are at fault.

Chevrolet Lacetti 2006 - Opinions as to if my car is within economic repair - Morris Marina 1.3 Super

Use something like partsgateway or ebay to find a s/h colour matched wing. Fit it yourself and get the tracking checked. Or beat it back with a hammer if your not fussy..