Auto load lugger - freeman3030

Hi,

I'm after some advise/recommendations for vehicles that suit my requirements. I currently drive a 2015 diesel astra K which I used for commuting to work as I had a 70 mile round trip each day.

About 3 months ago I moved much closer to work but my commute consists of stop/start driving. For ease, I'd really like to get an automatic as my left leg is currently getting an incredible workout each day.

Our new house requires a lot of work, so I have thought about selling my astra and getting something like a VW touran, ford galaxy... Any sort of MPV that can haul a lot of rubbish to the tip. It's also be great for our camping trips too! I think we could get 7-8k for our astra and I don't really want to throw much more into the pot as this car will probably get ruined, but it'll save us a lot in skips!

I'm reluctant to get a diesel because of the DPF clogging in stop/start driving, but will a 10 year old touran even have a DPF? I'd just like some ideas/alternatives if anyone can suggest anything.

Many thanks!