2001 fiesta mk4 1.3 - fiesta mk4 Evap - Harel

Hi all

Car is 2001 Fiesta mk4 1.3 Endura-e engine

problem is car jerks under acceleration but under some circumstances:

it starts at around 2100rpm until it reaches around 2600rpm

under or above these rpm car accelerates fine

i havent paid attention much but i think it happens only when engine is warm

so that brings me to think it has something to do with the Evap system

i have to say i been having this issue for quiet a time now but it had only a slight hesitation during the acceleration but now the hessitation seems to increase

what do you guys think?

i was thinking about disconnecting the purge valve electrical connection and test drive the car so i can isolate the problem to the Evap system if the jerks wouldnt occur

is it safe to drive the car with the purge valve disconnected?

thanks in advance

Harel

2001 fiesta mk4 1.3 - fiesta mk4 Evap - elekie&a/c doctor
What makes you think it’s the evap system.? Hesitation/ jerking on these is often a problem with the ignition system . Spark plugs / ht leads / coil are the usual suspects. I would also check the engine breather pipes for any cracks / splits.

well..the fact the hesitation happens on a certain range of rpm plus that im almost sure it doesnt happen on a cold/warming up engine made me suspect the Evap system, since the haynes manual states that the purge valve opens when engine is warm and under load but i could be wrong as well..

im going to change the spark plugs sometimes soon if i can just undo them because the sit there for quiet a time and are pretty tight on the head, also going to replace the fuel filter as well

i have checked the breather pipes and they are clean with no cracks , also i had the filler cap a good cleaning with petrol few weeks ago

Any ideas?

Edited by Harel on 20/08/2019 at 13:28

2001 fiesta mk4 1.3 - fiesta mk4 Evap - elekie&a/c doctor
So you have replaced the spark plugs and the ht leads and the problem still exists? Any fault codes logged on the diagnostic system ?

I didn't have the time to do the spark plugs yet, and unfortunately I don't have access to scanner tool.

I suspect the spark plugs might be the reason for this but I also wonder why this happens only at a very certain rpm range with the engine warm ,,I would think if it was a spark plugs fault then the hesitation would be all over the place