C200 CDI - C200 CDI W203 PROBLEMS - Danboy2013

I had a flat battery and requested a friend to jump start for my car. His car was a 3L E class mercedes. i mistakenly connected the jump start cables wrongly and only noticed when the cables became hot. I connected them correctly but still engine wouldn't start. I now decided to place the battery on charge and started the car the following day. what i noticed immediately was that the the hazard lights, turn indicators and boot would not open. the key fobs do not work and i just think something major has happened. Please i need help here as i might be facing a hefty bill here. Thanks

C200 CDI - C200 CDI W203 PROBLEMS - skidpan

You have probably fried an electronic module. Disconnecting the battery sometime resets the systems but since you have recharged the battery since the jump start incident you will already have done that.

Looks like £££££'s to sort and a lesson learned.

C200 CDI - C200 CDI W203 PROBLEMS - elekie&a/c doctor

If you are very very lucky,you may have just blown a few fuses.Open the boot with the emergency metal key and check the fuses in the rear electric module on the left side of the boot. Also check fuses in the front fuse box,under bonnet on driver side ,by the brake servo.There are also some mega fuses in the battery junction box,adjacent to the left suspension turret. There should be a red plastic cover on the top.This is where you should have attempted a jump start positive connector. If these suggestions all fail ,then you are in for an expensive repair.

C200 CDI - C200 CDI W203 PROBLEMS - cws

Highly likely you've blown the rear SAM (Signal Acquisition Module). Even if you can acquire a used module, it will still need coding to the car so you'll need a good MB independant if you don't want to visit the main dealer.