13 pin caravan plugs. - concrete

The original 13 pin plug on my caravan has failed. Corrosion mainly due to being exposed during winter storage. I have a new one from Sealey. Different assembly but have worked out the alignment it is now just the wiring. Not all the colours are the same as the wiring diagram, but I have the old plug and the wires that connect it from where I cut it off. Not all the terminal are numbered on the new plug. Can I assue they are in order clockwise? The middle raised three are 1, 2 and 4. Then 6,7,8,9 then 12 and 13 are numbered. The terminals in between are not numbered. Will these go in order. Between 13 and 6 there are two terminals not numbered. Can I assume these will be 3 and 5? Also between 9 and 12, can I assume these are 10 and 11?. Help!

Cheers Concrete

13 pin caravan plugs. - RT

There's a generally available PDF on the Caravan Club (now Caravan & Motorhome Club) www.caravanclub.co.uk/media/1022790/towbar-wiring-...f

13 pin caravan plugs. - concrete

There's a generally available PDF on the Caravan Club (now Caravan & Motorhome Club) www.caravanclub.co.uk/media/1022790/towbar-wiring-...f

Thank RT. I have looked at that and other websites, now figured out the terminal sequence, although my wires have some differnt colours to the wiring sequence. I am hoping the terminal numbers are the important part and not the wire colour! Watch this space.

The only other problem is assembly after wiring. It is not east to figure our the alignment when the plug snaps together. I have contacted the supplier and their technical peolpe are coming back to me. I just thought someone on the forum may have solved this problem previously.

Cheers Concrete