Peugeot 307 - diagnostic code - jshiels

Hi,

I've recently bought this car second hand, it past its MOT 2 days before I bought it.

I've just got my car back from the garage, whilst in they have ran a diagnostic test. The codes that have came up are:

571H/1393

D218H/53784

105H/261.

On the guys test kit these codes come up as 'unknown codes'.

The only thing that indicates any fault is sometimes I randomly get a message on the screen saying ' Faulty Anti-pollution', but the car still runs smoothly.

Please can anyone enlighten me as to what these codes lead too.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Peugeot 307 - diagnostic code - 3uga

I hope that there faul codes masked to fit peugeot.s data base. Usualy whe you have problems regarding the dpf, you get 3 codes. EGR position, aditive module and dpf regeneration faild.

You need to check and refill the additive tank if needed and prime the pump. After that do a static regeneration.

You should try to get rid of the dpf and remap your ecu, its less expencive

Peugeot 307 - diagnostic code - Gibbo_Wirral

Those codes are gibberish I'm afraid. Most codes start with a "P" or a "U" followed by four digits.

"Anti polliution fault" is a very generic fault code that can relate to literally dozens of parts on the car, from injectors to a faulty MAF or a failing CAT.

Search Google for "Peugeot Planet Map" to find a network of Peugeot owners with decent diagnostic equipment and the skills and experience to use it and advise you.

Edited by Gibbo_Wirral on 10/02/2016 at 13:40

Peugeot 307 - diagnostic code - Railroad.
Powertrain - P
Body - B
Chassis - C
Undefined - U

These are prefixes for European On Board Diagnostics - EOBD four digit numerical codes used by all compliant vehicles. Manufacturer specific codes can be different and often are.
Peugeot 307 - diagnostic code - skidpan

You should try to get rid of the dpf and remap your ecu, its less expencive

That is illegal and will result in an instant MOT fail. It would end up being more expensive when you have to pay a propper garage to reinstate the emmission kit and re programme the ECU.

DPF's are fitted for a reason. Ever had a relative with lung disease caused by air borne particles.

Peugeot 307 - diagnostic code - Gibbo_Wirral

While you're right Skidpan, the usual procedure on the 307 is to gut the insides of the DPF as there's no replacement pipe on the market, and get the car remapped. An MOT wouldn't detect this.

I don't like the obsession of removing them either. They cost fractions of a penny per mile and if the system is maintained, will run and run and run. You just have to factor in the cost of a replacement DPF and additive fillup when you buy a car.