2004 Picasso - Picasso faulty dash display - rprest
Hi, I wonder if anybody can help.

I've seen some posts elsewhere about faulty Picasso dash displays but nothing quite the same as mine.

I have a 2004 Picasso and the left hand display is playing up (right side is all fine). Several of the lcd lines are not working so it's only partially displaying the speed and some lines on the patrol gauge are missing, so obviously tricky to read speed and how much petrol left. So far from ideal!

Some of the lines are displaying crisp and clear. Usually when starting up I can read everything, albeit some lines are very feint. After driving a while the faulty lines stop working. I have a picture but not sure if I can post here?

I've checked and replaced all bulbs so I know that's not the problem. Has anybody experienced this before?

My assumption is that the unit needs replacing. If so, can a pick up a replacement from a breakers yard and 'plug and play', I've read online where some say yes, but lots of others say the unit will need programming?

Any help gratefully appreciated!

Richard
2004 Picasso - Picasso faulty dash display - elekie&a/c doctor

Looks like the lcd is at fault.Get a replacement from a breakers,they don,t need coding,but check the part number is the same.The only issue is that the mileage display will probably show the replacement dash value.

Thanks

Is there a way to get the replacement dash to display the correct mileage?
Thanks

Is there any way to reset the mileage to the correct figure?
2004 Picasso - Picasso faulty dash display - elekie&a/c doctor

If I recall ,the mileage is held in the Bsi unit(in cabin fuse/relay box).If you fit a dash with lower mileage,then the bsi will update to the original.If you fit a dash with higher mileage,then the bsi will update to the new high miles.The miles figure can only be adjusted by people that carry out "mileage correction" .