Ford Focus - DVLA - Ravendmc

I was given a vehicle by my son which I parked on private land, I went on the DVLA website to put it on Sorn but it would not let me as it siad it was taxed until 01st Jan 2016, then I had first contact from the DVLA out of the blue demanding I pay a fine for not insuring my vehicle, I have wrote them explaining the situation, but they say im in the wrong, I have had two V5s sent to me where they have messed up the date when I was suppose to have registered it and prior they messed up the date on my sons V5 when he owned it, and despsite me having the vehicle in my name, it still wont let me put it on SORN and my son has recieved no refund! is this right?

Ford Focus - DVLA - RT

Has your son had confirmation from DVLA that the transfer has been processed ?

Well what he discovered was that despite the vehicle being registered in my name, they were still taking money from his account, and when he cancelled the DD they sent him a email saying your bank has inform us of your cancelled DD the new keeper must register and tax the vehicle ot put on SORN, but its been registered in my name since 26.08.15 and this email was sent on the 13.11.15 and they still wont let me Sorn it, they really dont know what they are doing

Just a quick update to inform you that I won this case!

Ford Focus - DVLA - scot22

Delighted to read of your success. Thanks for update, not everyone bothers.