KIA Sedona (2006–2012)
All-new European Kia Sedona seven seater MPV had world premiere at Geneva Show March 2006 for UK sales from 1st July 2006. Taller, wider but shorter than previous model. 4,810mm long x 1985mm wide excluding mirrors x 1760mm high.
Has powered twin sliding rear doors and a powered tailgate. Seven individual seats are mounted in a 2+3+2 layout and all five middle and back row seats can be individually moved, reclined, folded or removed. Two new 185PS gasoline and diesel engines.
Features include triple-zone air conditioning, electric sliding rear side doors, climate control, rear electric windows, a cut-off switch for the front passenger airbag and a conversation mirror so that parents can keep an eye on younger members of the family in the second- and third-row seats. Has six airbags: front, front side and full-length curtains. Four-star Euro NCAP crash-test rating, expected. TS models are available with an optional electronic stability system (ESP) incorporating traction control and emergency brake assist.
Reversing sensors fitted to LS and TS models.5 rear seats slide forwards and backwards, recline, fold in half, store upright or come out of the car altogether. V6 petrol and four-cylinder diesel Euro V engines, both developing 40bhp more than before. 2,9 diesel develops 182bhp and 343Nm, offers 36.2mpg combined economy. V6, on sale from December 2006, is Kia's new 2.7-litre Mu engine with CVVT and a three-stage variable intake system contributing towards outputs of 186bhp and 249Nm of torque. 26.4mpg ccombined. Multi-link rear suspension instead of solid axle for better comfort and handling. Turning circle improved. LS versions add climate control, electric sliding rear side doors, reversing sensors, privacy glass, alloy wheels, metal dash inserts, electrically-opening rear quarterlight windows, front foglamps and leather highlights on the steering wheel and gearlever knob. TS adds leather upholstery, cruise control, front seat warmers, an electrically-adjusted driver's seat and 17-inch alloy wheels.
The full model line-up, with prices and insurance groups, is:
- 2.7 V6 GS £15,995 12
- 2.9 CRDi GS £17,495 12
- 2.9 CRDi GS auto £18,595 12
- 2.9 CRDi LS £19,495 13
- 2.9 CRDi LS auto £20,595 13
- 2.9 CRDi TS £21,495 13
- 2.9 CRDi TS auto £22,595 13
Kia New Vehicle Warranty Terms & Exclusions:
- There is no mileage limit during the first 3 years, except for vehicles used as taxis where a limit of 100,000 miles applies
- There is a 100,000 mile limit between years 4 and 7.
- Paintwork is covered for 5 years / 100,000 miles.
- Audio is covered for 3 years / 60,000 miles.
- Batteries are covered for 2 years.
- Normal 'wear and tear' on items such as brake linings and clutch linings, etc. are excluded from cover.
- The warranty is transferable, at no cost, to subsequent owners and is valid across Europe.