Review: Aston Martin Vanquish (2012)
Grand Tourer sits at the top of the Aston Martin range. Powered by a 6.0-litre V12 with more than 570PS. Available as a 2+2.
Priced at £190k.
Recently Added To This Review
Like the regular Vanquish S, the Ultimate edition is powered by Aston Martin’s naturally-aspirated 6.0-litre V12 with 595bhp. Priced at £211,995 for the Vanquish S Ultimate Edition Coupe,... Read more
Autoblog.com reported an NHTSA recall on most Aston Martins built between 3-7-2006 and 5-11-2014 over seat heaters that refuse to turn off. The danger that poses, according to the statement below... Read more
Repeat of May 2013 recall now totalling 17,509 cars built from 2007 on because of because of a faulty plastic component in the accelerator pedal. No crashess have been recorded as a result of the fault... Read more
Aston Martin Vanquish (2012): At A Glance
- Insurance Group 50
Aston Martin's Vanquish - the luxury hand built sports car which sits at the top Aston's line-up went on sale in late 2012, priced from £189,995 and powered by an upgraded 6.0-litre V12 engine.
Designed and built at Aston Martin’s headquarters in Gaydon, Warwickshire, the styling of the new Vanquish is inspired by Aston Martin's limited edition One-77 supercar with similar LED rear light blades and a similar side profile. Other noteworthy details include the new Aero Duct on the boot lid. This counteracts lift at the rear when travelling at high speed and also adds to the sleek design.
The V12 normally aspirated engine has been upgraded with 573PS which makes it Aston Martin's most powerful production model yet, only outdone by the £1.2 million One-77. Along with 620Nm of torque the 6.0-litre engine propels the Vanquish from 0-62mph in just 4.1 seconds and onto a top speed of 183mph.
Aston says the Vanquish is as happy on the city streets as it is on country roads or long motorway journeys. It's helped by the Touchtronic 2 six-speed automatic gearbox which is already used throughout the Aston range. Other improvements include a newly designed and more spacious interior plus a boot that's more than 60% bigger than the Aston Martin DBS and boasts 368 litres of space.
Available as a 2+2 or a 2+0, each body panel of the new Vanquish is made from carbon fibre because of its high strength-to-weight ratio and flexibility. This helps torsional rigidity which is improved by more than 25%.
What does a Aston Martin Vanquish (2012) cost?Get a finance quote with CarMoney
Buy a used Aston Martin Vanquish from £99,995
Aston Martin Vanquish (2012): What's It Like Inside?
- Boot space is 279–368 litres
- Full-grain leather interior
- Alcantara headlining
- Electrically operated front seats
- Memory front seats and exterior mirrors (three memory positions)
- 2+0 seating configuration with flexible rear environment storage
- Powerfold exterior heated mirrors
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Cruise control
- Tyre pressure monitoring
- Alarm and immobiliser
- Remote-control central door locking and boot release
- Automatic temperature control
- Heated front seats
- Curtain side head airbags
- Dual Stage Driver and Passenger Front Airbags
- Pelvis and thorax seat mounted airbags
- Seat belt dual-pretensioners and digressive load limiters
- Trip computer
- Tracking device (UK only)
- Laminated windscreen with clear noise-insulation layer
- Glass ECU
- Titanium bonnet and side strake meshes
- Bright aluminium front grille
- Chrome side strakes and tailpipe trim
- Heated rear screen
- New infotainment system with capacitive switching
- 1000W Bang & Olufsen BeoSound 15-speaker audio system
- Garmin satellite navigation system*+
- 6.5” LCD Screen
- iPod® and iPhone® Integration and USB playback
- Satellite radio system (USA only)
- AM/FM radio1
- A2DP Bluetooth® audio and phone streaming
- Wi-Fi Hub5
- Ten-spoke alloy wheel in a Graphite finish
- 20-spoke alloy wheel in a Liquid Silver, Silver finish with diamond turning, Graphite finish with diamond turning, Gloss Black with diamond turning and Satin Black with diamond turning
- Black-vaned grille
- Magnum Silver or Black Mesh finish
- Matt black textured tailpipe
- Black, blue, yellow or red calipers
- Exposed carbon fibre roof panel
- Exposed carbon fibre door mirror caps
- Exposed carbon fibre side strakes
- Exposed carbon door handles
- Protective tape
- Black Luxmil Leather and part-Alcantara steering wheel
- Colour-Keyed Luxmil Leather steering wheel
- Black One-77 leather steering wheel with black Alcantara Inserts
- Colour-Keyed One-77 Luxmil leather steering wheel with black leather inserts
- Centre stack facia in carbon fibre 2x2 twill, carbon fibre 2x2 fishbone, Piano Red, Piano Black or Piano Ice mocha.
- Headrest embroidery – Aston Martin wings or Vanquish logo
- Black hardware pack
- Full carbon fibre gearshift paddles
- Personalised sill plaques
- Rear parking assist camera
- Auto-dimming mirror with garage door opener
- Heated and ventilated seats
- Smoker’s Pack
- Second glass key
- Tracking device**1
- Alarm upgrade (volumetric and tilt sensors)
- Option toolkit
- Six-CD auto-changer
- First-aid kit
Child seats that fit a Aston Martin Vanquish (2012)Our unique Car Seat Chooser shows you which child car seats will fit this car and which seat positions that they will fit, so that you don't have to check every car seat manufacturer's website for compatibility.
What Cars Are Similar To The Aston Martin Vanquish (2012)?
Unclear on what your next car should be? Use our Car Chooser to pick something that suits your needs.