How long would you expect the Mitsubishi Outlander hybrid battery to last?

My daughter is considering buying the Mitsubishi Outlander 2.0 PHEV. Can you tell me if it's a good buy for £20,000, how long a battery would last for and what the replacement cost would be? Thank you.

It depends what you want to use if for. If most of your driving is fairly short distances, then you will see a significant fuel economy benefit. If most of your driving is distances of 100 miles or more, then you can expect fuel economy in the 40s to 60s. Our system suggests that this one is slightly overpriced: www.honestjohn.co.uk/used-prices/Mitsubishi/Outlan...V

We have no feedback of anyone ever needing to replace the hybrid battery. Indeed, this is a very rare occurrence with any hybrid. However, if one was needed, it would probably be about £3000.