What convertible should I buy for £20,000?

I currently have a BMW 318is which is getting on and have £20,000 to spend on a new car. I would like something used that's a nice, petrol, manual and possibly a convertible. The pedal positioning in my BMW suits my arthritic knees so that has to be taken into consideration. I'm used to two doors, so not a problem, and this time hope it is a two seater.

Asked on 13 March 2017 by Clare Penny

The E36 318iS was a good car. You'll probably be happiest in a BMW 2-Series convertible. Take your choice of engines and transmissions from 6-speed manual to 6-speed and 8-speed automatic. Better petrol than diesel because that avoids potential DPF problems.