My Volkswagen Golf is rattling loudly since the emissions fix - what are my options?

I have just had my 2.0-litre Volkswagen Golf emissions fix and there is now a top end knock/rattle that my local Volkswagen garage say they are unaware of. The car is so loud that it is unsalable. Why have Trading Standards not got involved with this issue? There is also a hesitation on acceleration and the only thing the dealer has said is that it is a coincidence. We don't have a leg to stand on, they say they have done hundreds and are unaware of problems but then say it is a Volkswagen issue, not a dealer issue.

Asked on 1 February 2017 by gary bonnette

The Volkswagen dealer is lying. These are standard problems after the fix, part of which involves the engine reaching peak torque at higher revs. Depending on how many miles the engine has done you will probably find that the EGR soon clogs up. That's grounds for legal action. There are a couple of links to lawyers at the end of this section: www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/volkswagen/golf-vi-2.../