How should I remove a nasty smell from my Saab 9-3's interior?

I have a 51 reg Saab 9-3 SE TiD with half-leather trim, I have owned it for the last seven years. I have kept it much longer than planned but it keeps going very happily. My daughter says it has an odour problem which I have also noticed. I keep the interior clean, and vacuum it regularly. It's hard to describe the odour - 'stale' is the best description I can come up with. Please can you tell me how to freshen up the interior?

The smell will be damp. First you need to find and cure the water ingress leading to it. Call a few valeters and ask what sort of fog bombs they have that could be released inside the car.