Should I buy a new car now? Or wait?

Do you think the price discounts for a new Golf GTI make it worthwhile to buy now rather than wait for the new model? And which manual model would you choose?

Asked on 2 January 2017 by Highway61

Answered by Honest John
Due to Brexit the facelift model will in initially be 10% dearer and at first it will be difficult to get a discount on it. So if you can get a current Golf GTI at a 10% - 20% discount, then bite the dealer's hand off. Golf R manual is the best, but buying lower down the range you at least want the EA 888 230PS GTi Performance with limited slip diff.
Similar questions
I am looking to buy a hot hatch for under £20,000 used that must match four criteria: More than 200bhp, Traction control can be fully disengaged (car will be taken to trackdays), a towbar can be fitted...
My wife has had a Golf GTI 2005 since new. We are thinking about replacing it this year. We still like the car after 8 years and would like the same from our next car. When does the new 5 door GTI come...
I'm looking to replace my Jazz (Mk1) Sport (2006) which has been fairly good for the last 6 years (owned from new) and want something reliable, economical to run/insure, but with better acceleration and...
Related models
Golf GTI performs well in every area, making it the consummate all-round hot hatch.

 

Value my car