Rejecting a new car - am I entitled to a replacement?

I purchased a new car from a dealership within the last 28 days. There was faults on the car and I have therefore rejected the vehicle and requested a replacement. The dealership is amenable to a full refund but is reluctant to provide a like-for-like replacement on the basis that they can't be sure whether the replacement car will exhibit the same faults as the first one and the dealership may then have incurred two losses as opposed to just a loss on the first one. Can I insist on a replacement even if they are reluctant to provide one?

Asked on 30 November 2016 by Wheelies

No. But you can insist on your money back in full. Their position is "reasonable". They are concerned that any replacement may display the same fault.