New car involved in accident - can I cancel the PCP agreement?

I was hit by another car (Who took full responsibility for the accident). My car is on a PCP and the repairs are going to be quite extensive. Can I refuse to have the car back? Will my final settlement fee change?

Asked on by

If you refuse to have the car back and you don't have GAP insurance you will still have to settle the entire PCP contract. Yes, the dealer could penalise you for returning the car in damaged/repaired condition. You need to establish the facts, then demand that the third party insurer sorts it out.
Similar questions
I have just taken delivery of a Mercedes-Benz GLC on 10 March 2017. I've experienced some terrible crabbing as per reviews. What is the best way to proceed?
I picked up my Mercedes-Benz GLC43 on 9 November following a test drive of the GLC250d in early September and 3 happy years of owning an GL350d. The following day I received a call from my sales adviser...
Two years ago, another vehicle reversed into mine. I was parked but in the vehicle. Minor damage to both vehicles, no personal injury. My vehicle was repaired by the main dealer, with no cost to me, claiming...

Ask Honest John

Value my car