Passenger door won't open on Hyundai i20

The passenger door on my three-door 2009 Hyundai i20 cannot be opened. Is it likely to be an electrical problem, or a mechanical problem with the lock itself? An auto electrician mentioned drilling a hole and removing the door but this seems a drastic step.

Not a regular known fault. I guess that the anti hijack door lock must have stuck. The first thing to do is to take it to a Hyundai dealer who might be able to trigger it to open via the OBDII diagnostics port. Otherwise, accessing the lock servo and spraying it with WD40 might free it.