Need family transport with a convertible roof

I'd like to buy my wife a secondhand run-around that is small yet good for carrying our baby (plus the seat and gear). It must also be fun enough for weekends (eg. convertible), reliable and automatic. Any recommendations?

Asked on 3 June 2016 by MN_London

For a baby seat in the back (where it will have to go as the child grows) you need 4 doors or she'll break her own back. That pushes you into a Citroen C1 Airscape (or similar Peugeot 108 or Toyota Aygo). The problem is that the auto is an automated manual and is not very good. Can't think of anything else. She'll damage her back with a three-door. F

IAT 500C three-door and automated manual. Citroen DS3 Cabrio 3-door and ETG automated manual. Older Peugeot 207CC not enough room in the back for a child seat. Sacrifice the sunroof and you could get a VW Up. SEAT Mii or Skoda Citigo five-door with an ASG automated manual but the autos aren't much good.