Parking firm is threatening court action, despite the fact I've paid the fine

I paid a car parking fine on the day I received it - £60 on January 12th 2016. I received a letter this morning from a debt recovery firm asking for £160 for non-payment. I checked my bank account and the money was paid on the 12th. Should I inform them that their bookkeeping is inept, or let the matter go to court?

Asked on 30 April 2016 by LiamMcG48

Inform them that under the 1997 Protection from Harassment Act they are harassing you and under the 2006 Fraud Act they are attempting to defraud you and that if this continues without a retraction and an apology from them, you will report them for criminal harassment and criminal fraud and will sue them in the small claims track of the civil County Court.